Thursday, August 4, 2011

Showhouse Time!

It's fast approaching- the 13th annual Cashiers Designer Showhouse. It's an exciting event for the town of Cashiers, always great fun for me to participate and this year is no exception. The home and property are beautiful and will make a fantastic setting for a showhouse.
Check out this link from the "Laurel Magazine"
http://thelaurelmagazine.com/news/?p=1602

From the Cashiers Historical Society Facebook page:

Preparations for the 2011 Cashiers Designer Showhouse are in full swing! This year promises to be the best yet with an extraordinary home, "Reflections," book signings by Charles Faudree, James Farmer and Mary Palmer Dargan on August 21 and a speakers luncheon featuring Mary McDonald and Nathan Turner, the stars of Bravo TV's hit show Million Dollar Decorators on August 20.
I've been planning for months, acquiring the furnishings- move in day for me is next Wednesday. Here are a few of the things I'm planning to use.

Here's a few before pictures:
                          Yup- a kitchenette, complete with a 70's aqua sink! Don't worry- I've got plans!

It's a small space which is perfect for me. I'm calling it the "upstairs sitting room."

Now, for the fabric!
Manderly- Alpine- I LOVE this pattern! The room has rough hewn log walls and chinking and the colors in this fabric go so well. I also like the semi funky look of this transitional floral. After much debate, this fabric ended up as a chair, pillows and roman shades on the windows.
 Next I've selected solid color linen in the dark brown and aqua- Got to think of that sink you know......

Next, I found this sofa in the perfect neutral linen: The "Chilton" Sofa


I'm painting this console demilune in a neutral color glaze and Aqua base coat.


                                  Undertaking this myself- I'll post pictures of the progress on this one!
Eduardo's Painting (he's a great painter!) painted the drywall for me- I used a soft grayed aqua  with just a hint of color. Thanks Eduardo!!!!

That's how the process works- little by little the whole thing comes together....... I'll be back soon with more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment