Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mirror, mirror....everywhere!

No room should be without a mirror! 

Mirrors are a great design accessory that can make a room look brighter and larger. When hung opposite a window they can bring the outside in, enhancing the natural light in the room.Hang a mirror over the table in the foyer so your guests can check their appearance upon entering. Mirrored walls in the bathroom can make a small room open up.

Mirrors have even been showing up applied to light fixtures, on furniture and tile. Check out these ideas to brighten up your home.

This quatrefoil mirror with antiqued glass from Restoration Hardware would look great over a sofa. The quatrefoil motif is generally a symbol of good luck and dates back to celtic times.

I used these oval mirrors recently in the bathroom I designed for the Cashiers Designer Showhouse. I really liked the finish on the reclaimed wood frame  

The Gothic Twig mirror from Carvers Guild makes a beautiful powder room mirror. It is available in an antique gold leaf or a  faux bois finish.

These river mirrors created by Caryn Mobelry are in burred elm.The mirror symbolizes the water flowing in the river.Caryn uses the natural undulating shape of the tree to form the river banks, and so no two mirrors are the same.
Mirrors are showing up applied to light fixtures used in shabby chic and retro looks. I like the combination of bronze and antiqued mirror in rustic mountain homes.       
This chandelier by Currey & Company is another example of iron and venetian mirror combined to add an elegant look. I have a client using this in her bathroom!

This mirrored cabinet would look wonderful beside a dark wood bed with textural fabrics. A piece this special wouldn't need alot of pattern used in the room with it.


I'm getting more requests for transitional fabrics and furnishings.I love the circle motif and mirrored legs- This chest would look great in a funky transitional setting!
This room is so pretty! I love the mirrored chest and grouping of small mirrors.







I found this mirrored bed while googling for mirrored furniture. Love this!!!!!! 





If your looking for a mirror or have questions about mirror placement feel free to email me- I'll do my best to answer your questions!







No comments:

Post a Comment